Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ciao!!!

I made it safely to Italy! Today has been surreal... with the time change and jet lag I feel as though I've been in Roma for a week instead of 12 hours! It is BEAUTIFUL here. Today my roommates and I went for a walk to find a quaint little lunch place.... we turned the corner and dead smack in front of us was the COLOSSEUM!! We literally couldn't believe our eyes. We had a pizza and chianti lunch and then walked over to take pictures of the Colosseum and the Palentine Hill. Look for pictures below.

Tomorrow we are taking a tour of Vatican City and Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. I cannot wait. Tomorrow is also a national holiday in Italy. Similar to our Fourth of July, June 2nd celebrates the end of Mussolini's fascist regime and the takeover of the republic. The city is basically shutting down for a big military parade throughout the streets. We were warned to be extra careful walking around tomorrow. So far we haven't had any problems with that sort of thing!

Friday we are taking a tour of the major sites... Fontana di Trevi, Colosseum, Pantheon, etc. I will keep blogging as much as I can, but look for more when I finally make it to Firenze on Saturday!!

Love and Miss you all!!
Ciao for now :)
Kimmy








No comments:

Post a Comment